Thursday, February 11, 2010

Biting the "No-Easter" in the But!

Well, at 7:30 am Matt and I sat down with James's two teachers and the director of his daycare to go over his biting issues. They believe he is going through a "me" stage a little earlier than he is suppose to so that is why he is biting because most toddlers go through it closer to two and have more verbal language to express their frustration. The only issue with this is that if James continues with this pattern of behavior he will be required to leave daycare for a month so that he can "collect" himself and work through this stage -- aka so he wont be around to bite the other kids for a month.

This is sending Matt and I into a tailspin -- we already spend $2,000 a month just to have him in this center (which is the median price in our area) and now we have to figure out - if he does get kicked out for a month, what in the hell are we going to do!! We are a bit lucky though, because Matt's office has emergency back up daycare so we are looking into how many days a week we can use them. Oh the joys!!! At the very least, the director was kind enough (sense my sarcasms) to let us know that James would be welcomed back with arms wide open at the end of the month and we would not be charged for the month missed....yeah that makes life sooo much easier!

And, on the last daycare note -- we were made to pick up James at 2pm due to weather yesterday. Meanwhile, the Nor'easter we were suppose to have never arrived -- yet we still had to pick him up at 2pm...can I tell you this makes juggling work expectations, and life so much harder -- especially since James normally sleeps until 3pm! But, I must say I really did enjoy the afternoon I got to spend with my little man. We played, laughed, colored and cuddled. Now, if I could only get through the last bit of teething and get some sleep I think we will have a much happier house! At least the ear infection seems to be clearing up!

As for exercises, yesterday I did not get a chance to find anytime for me to work out. Between trying to get laundry done -- so the dirty "Mr. Lovey" could get cleaned, scrubbing the floor after James has decided he wanted his food on the floor and cleaning up after dinner, and playing with the baby! Hopefully tonight I can be motivated enough to do Julian Michael's 30-day shredd -- to anyone who hasn't tried this -- its absolutely amazing! Kicks my butt every time and it only takes 20 minutes!!!

With all my stress in life, I must say I am still on track with WW. Yesterday, I unfortunately did not get to having breakfast -- which I know is so wrong. But for the rest of the day here it is:

Lunch: Chx noodle soup, Light WW English muffin
Snack: 2 Rice Cakes with Peanut butter (but its safe to say James had almost 1/2 of one)
Dinner: 3oz of Steak, Roasted Zucchini and a baked potato
Dessert: 3 Thin Mints

Even though I am on little sleep from last night, I was able to keep my will power up, and here is where i am at:

Breakfast: Chobani Peach Yogurt
Lunch: Chx noodle soup, Light WW English muffin, Orange
Snack: 94% Fat-Free Popcorn
Dinner: Ground 93% lean Turkey Burgers w/ fat free Amer. Cheese, steamed broccoli, and quinoa (cooked in chx broth and sprinkled with a little Parmesan cheese).

We also shipped off one of our love seats -- thanks to Matt's parents who agreed to store it for us. Now the question that is bothering me is how do we organize? I dont know if we should move the couch out of the baby's room and put as much as we can into his, or keep it like it is now, build a radiator cover and storage around the radiator. Oh, the joys of being over run by toys! I cant wait for the day when we have a room for toys, a room to eat in and a room for mom and dad to relax!

Now I am off to go get the little man, and I dont have to trek through the snow because we never got it! YES!

2 comments:

  1. 30 day shred IS amazing. Have you tried Jillian's No More Trouble Zones? It's about an hour(!) long and will definitely kick your ass. I think you get 7-8 WW activity points. I want to hire Jillian as my PT

    ReplyDelete
  2. No i have yet?!! Oh i might have to go get that! I want her train me too!

    ReplyDelete