Monday, April 5, 2010

Me, myself, and I

Well, over the past couple of weeks I have been dealing with a lot of "James" issues, whether its because he is sick or trying to get him to change a behavior and because of this I have found that "my" issues have really fallen to the wayside.  Not that this is surprising to me at all, I mean after all once you have a child, they do come first in your life in so many ways.

However, I do believe that my biggest struggle in mommyhood is really allowing myself to have what I call me time.  Therefore, I have decided that each week I am going to set-up a "me" goal.  Some weeks I might fail sometimes I might succeed but after 18 months I really need to learn to not to lose myself, my identity.

So, this week, my goal is to run at least 10 miles total and to get in at least one weight session.  After taking nearly 4 weeks off, I want to get back on the horse and re-lose the 5 pounds that I lost in February.  I am taking back control of this!

So, I am on my way.  I ran 2.5 miles today in 23.5 minutes, and I walked for 27 minutes at 4.0.  I hope to keep this going this week and surpass my goal; and, hopefully the weather stays nice and we can all go for a run as a family.  James loves going in the running stroller and I hope that this weekend we can really get back into our habit of going for runs outside.  We did go last Saturday and he was so happy, talking, and laughing the whole run.

On a James note, we have successfully cut milk out of the crib!!!  James now take some milk at 7pm, then brushes his teeth, then books and finally bed!  Last night, even after two days away, he went to bed without a peep!  We love it when he does that!  Some may not like that we are so routine oriented and not understand it, but it makes us so happy when our child willingly and happily goes to bed!!

2 comments: